Dr. Hugh McPherson Bio from Hugh McPherson on Vimeo.
Dr. McPherson is an Orthopedic Spine Surgeon. He is originally from Canada and completed his orthopedic surgery residency and medical school at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver Canada. He completed a fellowship in spine surgery in 2000 at the University of Western Ontario in London Canada. He completed a second spine fellowship in Nottingham England as an AO Foundation Fellow in 2001. He has lived in the Denver area for over 20 years. He specializes in spine surgery and the treatment of disorders of the spine. He has served as the Medical Director at the Musculoskeletal Center in Thorton. He was also chair of the Department of Orthopedics at North Suburban Medical Center. He volunteered at Denver health and held an appointment at the University of Colorado. Dr. McPherson specializes in MySpine technology. These are patient specific guides that allow for a smaller incision, less surgical exposure, and greater accuracy in the placement of fixation for patients requiring a low back fusion. This has allowed patients to avoid a lengthy hospital stay and to go home within 23 hours and even the same day. He also strongly believes in motion preservation and use of disc replacements whenever possible for the treatment of cervical (Neck) spine disorders.
Orthopedic Surgery Fellowship
- Queen's Medical Center, Nottingham, United Kingdom AO Spine Sugery Fellowship 2001
- University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario Canada Spine Surgery Fellowship 1999
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
- University of British Columbia School of Medicine, 1994-1999 Medical School
- University of British Columbia, 1991-1994
- Fellow, AO Spine 2001
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2000
- Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons, 1999
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Member, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Member, North American Spine Society